For the fourth consecutive year the Gates Carbon Drive Cyclocross Team has taken the overall victory in the Colorado Cross Cup’s Team Competition. Those blue skinsuits, bright bikes and belt drives have become a dominant fixture on the Colorado cross scene and will be evident this week when the National Championships come to Boulder.
After several weeks of bitter cold temperatures, the Colorado State Championships races saw temperatures rise into the 60s, melting the snow and creating some classic cyclocross course conditions. The race was held on a popular course in Castle Rock, Colorado, and the singlespeed category had nearly 50 racers lining up to do battle.
Last year’s champion Colby Pearce flew through the course and took the individual win again in style. While the Gates Carbon Drive Cyclocross Team is finding that individual rider State Championship jacket hard to snatch, the race did give them their 4th consecutive Colorado Cross Cup Team win. Most importantly, the team was all-smiles throughout the race, as everyone had a great time getting out to play in the mud with close friends.
The season isn’t quite over for the team, as Colorado is lucky to host the National Championships this year. But it has already been another very successful, and FUN, year for everyone involved with the team. Team Gates Carbon Drive will be racing in the SS races onWednesday, with the Elite races on Sunday.The course has 10 inches of fresh snow sitting on it right now, with temps in the teens.
The team wants to thank its sponsors, who through their incredibly gracious support and phenomenal products make it possible for us to have all this fun!
- Gates Carbon Drive – The drivetrain of choice for singlespeed racing.
- Spot Brand Bikes – Their incredible and versatile Ralleye framesets.
- Stans NoTubes – Their lust-worthy Iron Cross wheelsets and NoTubes sealant that kept us rolling.
- TRP Brakes – Stopping was never easier with their Hylex full-hydraulic brakes.
- Crank Brothers – Candy pedals are THE pedals for CX.
- Full Speed Ahead – Cranks, seatposts, stems and handlebars.
- Jinji Cycles – Awesome mechanical support.
- Primal Wear – Kits that keep us warm, cool, protected and really, really good looking. Really.